Mac OS X Support Essentials
Mac OS X Support Essentials is a three-day, hands-on course that provides an in-depth exploration of troubleshooting on Mac OS X. This course is designed to give you a tour of the breadth of functionality of Mac OS X and the best methods for effectively supporting users of Mac OS X systems. The course is a combination of lectures and hands-on case study exercises that provide practical real-world experience.
Courses are now available for both Mac OS X Lion 10.7 and also Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8, please see our schedule page for more information or available dates.
Who Should Attend
- Help desk specialists, technical coordinators, service technicians, and others who support Mac users
- Technical support personnel in businesses that use Macs for general productivity or creative design
- Technical coordinators or power users who manage networks of computers running Mac OS X — such as teachers and technology specialists who manage classroom networks or computer labs of Mac users
What You Will Learn
- The troubleshooting process and how to become more efficient with available tools and resources
- Mac OS X 10.6 features in depth, including how to find additional information
- How to prepare for Apple Certified Support Professional certification
- The Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) exam is included in this course
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending this course:
- Basic Mac OS X knowledge
- Basic troubleshooting experience
- If you are new to the Apple platform, why not try our Mac OS X Integration Basics Course prior to enrolling for the Mac OS X Support Essentials Course. The Mac OS X Integration Basics Course is perfect for getting you up to speed with Apple’s latest operating system, it also provides insight and valuable experience of the Apple examination and certification process
Mac OS X Certifications
Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) is the perfect starting point on the Mac OS X certification path, addressing Mac OS X support and troubleshooting. Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) certification adds essential Mac OS X Server support and troubleshooting skills. Apple Certified System Administrator (ACSA) is Apple’s premier Mac OS X certification, addressing the needs of professional system administrators and engineers who manage networks of systems in complex, multi-platform deployments.